Rockpool Bar & Grill Sydney is Australia’s most beautiful dining room. Situated in the sensational City Mutual Building, a 1936 Emil Sodersteen-designed American style art deco skyscraper, the dining style is simple and uncomplicated – perfectly wood-fire grilled meats and seafood from Australia’s very best producers – a perfect match to what is Australia’s greatest wine list.
With an emphasis on excellent produce and a precise and attentive service style, the adjoining bar is the perfect spot for pre or post lunch and dinner drinks, or a more relaxed dining experience.
“The cornerstone of good cooking is to source the finest produce.” – Neil Perry
Our beef is sourced directly from the producers and dry aged on our premises. The dry aging process is important as it brings a better flavour to the beef than that of the more common wet aging in cryovac, which in essence is really preserving the beef. This, however, takes a big commitment as we have many tonnes of beef ageing at any one time. We believe that the types of beef we have are representative of the best of their type in Australia. Blackmore’s Wagyu and Cape Grim Grass Fed Beef fit into the strict Rockpool philosophy of humane treatment to the cattle. There are no growth hormones used and no antibiotic feed supplements. This is a rare thing in Australia today, particularly with the standard lot fed cattle.
Awards & critic reviews:
- Rockpool Bar & Grill Sydney is an award-winning restaurant.
- Sydney Morning Herald - Good Food Guide 2009 - 2018 - Two Hats
- Australian Gourmet Traveller - Restaurant Awards 2018 - Ranked no. 11
- The Daily Telegraph – Delicious.100 2017 - Ranked no. 13
- Wine Spectator – Restaurant Awards 2009 – 2016 - Grand Award
- World of Fine Wine - World’s Best Wine Lists 2016 - Three stars, Best By-the-glass Wine List in the World and Best By-the-glass Wine List in Australasia
- Good Food - 2014 “Both menu and wine list cover extensive ground, bringing a modern sensibility to the classics and a keen commitment to produce and provenance.”